Keeping a bangin’ bod throughout the holiday season not only takes some stellar planning, but some serious discipline. Whether you’re hitting the treadmill or their latest classes (between spa sessions and the steam room), it’s all about keeping yourself on track during the busiest time of year. We caught up with Equinox Group Fitness Manager Julie Bellis to find out the best tips and tricks on staying fit during the happiest (and hardest!) time of year.
1. Believe in yourself and help others stay on track. Add your workouts to your calendar and stick to it! Recruit a buddy or training partner for accountability during the holiday season.
2. Get up and move! Adding short burst of intense effort to fire up your metabolism can keep weight off during the holidays. You don’t need equipment and if you can’t get to the gym, use your body-weight for a BOOST!
3. Cook at home! Prepare meals so you don’t eat out as often during the holiday months. Have fun at the holiday parties but eat healthy, nutrient dense meals prior to arriving at your event. You will make smarter choices while you are with friends, family and co-workers.
4. Drink less and sleep more! Minimize drinking at parties and holiday events. You will sleep better without the nasty hangover in the morning!
5. Incentivize yourself! Tis’ the season for giving so reward yourself!